Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Sizzix Big Shot is Coming!

Exciting news everyone! Stampin' Up! has partnered with Sizzix and will be selling the Sizzix Big Shot Manual Die Cutting Machine starting on September 2! Cut through several layers of cardstock, thin fabric, felt, leather and even thin craft metal sheets! This is a non-electric machine so it's super portable, not electrical outlets needed!


Although I really wanted it, my business couldn't really afford it... Until DH told me he'd get it for me as an early 30th Birthday gift (my Birthday is in November). Did I tell you how wonderful my husband is? Well, at this moment, lol! So, my wonderful UPS guy will be bringing me my Big Shot THIS Thursday!!! Stampin' Up! has some exclusive dies for the Big Shot, as well as existing Sizzix dies. We currently have a great Starter Package that comes with EVERYTHING you need to get started, including dies and various cutting mats! See mor
e info in the Stampin' Up! Big Shot Brochure.

Want to try the Big Shot out? Join me on World Cardmaking Day, October 4th, from 3-5 PM to make a card using the Big Shot Die Cutting System. This is a free event and more details will come!

This week I also received all my goodies that I ordered from the new catalogue! New ribbon, new stamp sets, new Designer Series Paper! Love it ALL! I'm posting a few pics of cards I've made with the new sets and the Parisian Summer DP. I wish I had tim
e to make more... all in time I suppose :) Here are some pics, for the two Christmas cards I did two similar cards but with different techniques :)

'Flight of the Butterfly' and 'Heard from the Heart' Stamp sets, So Saffron Cardstock with Parisian Summer DP. This is a 2-step stampin' set and Stamp-a-ma-jig is VERY recommended to get a good result - you can see how similar in size the two butterfly stamps are and how important good alignment is. Of course there's some silver embossing too ;)


'Heritage Holiday' Stamp Set (2nd card also uses 'Many Merry Messages' set), Real Red Cardstock, DP from Level III Hostess Bundle (includes 4 stamps, DP and Rub-ons), Silver and Clear Rhinestone Brads, Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon on 1st card and Chocolate Chip Taffeta on 2nd card, Silver Embossing


Finally, the 'Snow Swirled' Stamp Set (by far my favorite), Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss/Ridinghood Red cardstock, Rhinestone Brads, Chunky Essentials Glitter, Versamark, Silver Embossing


That's it for today - keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: