Sunday, December 20, 2009

Some Different Christmas Cards...

Well, isn't this embarrassing. It's been over two months since I last updated my blog. TWO! And it's not because I haven't been stamping. Just the opposite. I've been stamping like crazy, running many Christmas workshops and getting my own things ready for the holiday season! I'd like to share one card I did with my Stamper's Group at the end of November. We did two cards, but at this rate it won't get posted 'til February, so I'll post this one for the time being :p

One card we did is a tri-fold card. Looks really fancy, but ultimately simple to make. I used my favorite DSP ever, Christmas Cocoa, as well as my favorite new Christmas stamp set, Delightful Decorations and the coordinating Ornament Punch. The steps for this card are pretty simple:
*Cut a piece of 5-1/2" x 12" cardstock.
*Score horizontally at 2", 4", 8" and 10".
*Cut slots with paper cutter at 1-1/2" and 4" vertically, from 2" to 10" horizontally. Fold on scores as shown in card below.
*I left 1/8" mats behind my DSP.

You can follow my card as a guide, though if you google 'Trifold card' you'll find some more examples.


The recipe for this card includes

Stamp Set: Delightful Decorations
Card stock: Real Red, Real Red Textured, Soft Suede, Christmas Cocoa DSP, Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Ornament Punch, Fire Rhinestone Brads, Gold Elastic Cord, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Join in the Cheer Decorative Strip, Heat and Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter, Gold Embossing Powder, Tape

We also did a layered brayer card... stay tuned for that - hopefully soon! And keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: