Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another birthday... another elaborate birthday invitation

Well, I can't believe it! My baby is turning 4 on Monday! 4! How did this happen? I remember her being born like it was yesterday. And with a birthday comes a party. And with a party... you guessed it, invitations! I made pretty elaborate invitations for her 2nd birthday, when I first started stamping, using the Monkey Business stamp set. Last year I made good use of my Big Shot and DSP.

And this year? I decided to make a Trifold card - my current favorite card style. I used the Sock Monkey stamp set, Tall Tales DSP (so cute for this card!), the GORGEOUS new Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, and My Digital Studio to print the invite information in Chocolate Chip Ink :) Yep, definitely made good use of all my tools. Now the only thing I would suggest is that when you're making this type of card, don't (really, don't) make the layer on the inside of the card the same size as your stamped front square (the monkey on this card). Why? Because then you have to make a huge effort to make sure it's lined up, just right. And that's easier said than done ;) So why oh why did I do this? Because there was more info on the invitation than I anticipated.

Without further ado, here are Anna's invitations to her Pyjama Waffle Party this Sunday :) And yes, it sounds like fun. But no, you're not invited ;) Sorry ;)


No comments: