Saturday, May 8, 2010

Easy Masculine Cards

Sometimes masculine cards are hard to make. We don't always have the right stamp set... let's face it, most men don't want a bouquet of flowers on their card ;) So what about not using a stamp set? How about using punches to make a background? I CASEd this card from Mary Fish - one of my fave stampers out there!

I used the Curly Label Punch to punch out a bunch of labels out of textured Crushed Curry card stock and arranged them in a neat geometric pattern on backing card stock, in this case Close to Cocoa.

Finally I tied a Blue Brocade ribbon around the card and for a little something extra I put a Whisper White Jumbo Grommet on top. To make it a Father's Day card, I used the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes. And voila, a simple masculine card!

You can do this technique with many other punches and shapes! And a masculine card may not be as hard to come up with as you thought :) Or come to my Cards and Cupcakes Stamp Party on June 2nd to learn other fun techniques, including other punch techniques!

Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: