Saturday, July 2, 2011

My Favorite Technique...

Psst... did you hear?  The new 2011/2012 Idea Book & Catalogue is here!!!  Check it out HERE or shop online 24/7 in my ONLINE STORE.  Better yet, come to my Champagne Punch New Cattie Kickoff next week, Wednesday July 6th from 7:30 to 9:30 if you're in the Ottawa Area.  Email me at stampingmonica@gmail.com for more information and to RSVP. You can also get more info on my Classes Page.  I must say, this new cattie is one of the BEST yet. I am loving some of the fun new stamp sets like "I Dig You" (think trucks and tractors!!!) as well as some more vintage sets like "Established Elegance" as well as "Creative Elements".  There's really something for everyone.

This week, the Pals Paper Arts Challenge has it's 100th challenge.  They have asked us to show you "our" technique. It's tough, because I have a lot of techniques that I think I'm pretty good at. I love bright and fun colors (though I do like vintage too, but bright is where I lean) and I LOVE embossing. I really think heat embossing is "my" technique...  Which is why I'm so so glad that Build a Blossom is now in the main cattie and I can start using it again (imagine me doing a little happy dance!).  I just LOVE embossing the petals with the new colored embossing powders (also in the new cattie) and punching them out with the coordinating Blossom Petals Builder Punch. So yeah, embossing. That's my technique I think. Easy, quick, but always impresses, as the card below shows.


Little hints:

*Although the ribbon (Early Espresso Satin) and button (Sweet Stitches Big Buttons) are now retired, you can used similar products such as Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon - in the new cattie!!! - and Neutrals Designer Buttons.
*Wondering why I didn't emboss the leaves in Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder? I wanted the Melon Mambo embossed petals to really stand out.
*I love an easy DSP background. The Beyond the Garden DSP which debuted in the Summer Mini has carried over to the new cattie!!!

Enjoy browsing all the new products in the 2011/2012 cattie and if you're in the Ottawa area, come by my New Catalogue Kickoff!



1 comment:

Pam~ said...

This is such a happy, make you smile card ... love it! Beautiful colors! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!