Monday, August 22, 2011

Enjoying the Summer Mini While We Still Can!

It's August 22nd and that means we only have 9 days left to order from the Summer Mini. Yes. 9 days. There are some sets I'm really going to miss... we all know how much I love The Open Sea, but I love Summer Splash just as much. It's fun, fresh and perfect for scrappin' those summer memories.

For this week's Mojo Monday Challenge, I not only used Summer Splash, but I made a card with the Scalloped Square Die. A customer asked me this week-end how it's done  and I thought I would give you a quick tutorial here. Take a piece of card stock 8-1/2" x 4-3/4" and fold in half. Place on your die making sure that the fold is not touching any of the cutting blades of the die - you want to cut through only three edges of your card (see photo below). Run it through the big shot like you usually would and voila - you've got a scalloped square card!


Tips & Tricks:

*Want to cut out fine details like the mouth on my turtle friend? Use a sharp, fine-tipped pair of scissors like Stampin' Up!'s Paper Snips.
*The 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon is great for cards with fine details. It's thin enough that it doesn't take over the card, but adds that bit of details you want
*Try mixing and matching two colors of ribbon for added effect.

I have my monthly Fast and Fabulous Class coming up on Wednesday August 31st, the last Wednesday of the month. We'll be using stamps and accessories in the Summer Mini to bid farewell to it. If you're in the Ottawa area, be sure to join us - we're going to have a lot of fun! For now, hope you've enjoyed my tutorial and card, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!



No comments: