Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Lane Scrap Page

This past Saturday, our local mall had an event for kids to welcome Santa. I took my almost 6-year-old daughter to meet him, write him a letter, get cookies from Mrs. Clause and also get her face painted. She had a blast and I was one happy mommy when they told me Santa pictures were free for the special event :)

Next week, I'm doing a scrapbooking class using the Christmas Lane Scrapbooking Kit in the Holiday Mini. I had yet to make one page but with my daughter's new Santa photo as well as the class looming I thought I'd better get cracking :) I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch for inspiration. A few months ago, my upline Marlayne posted her fall scrapbook pages and I CASEd some elements from them, too.


Tips & Tricks:

*For my big 10" diameter circle I used Marlayne's 'plate technique'. I took a paper plate, traced it on the wrong side of the DSP and cut it out with my Paper Snips.
*I love Simply Scrappin' Kits for scrapbooking and card making. They come with textured paper, DSP and adhesive decorative elements. You could do a bunch of pages with just the kit!!!  Easy peasy.
*I used Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and my 2-Way Glue Pen to add a bit of 'bling' to my snowflake.
*The Delightful Decorations stamp set is perfect for any project: home decor, cards and scrapbook pages.

I hope my daughter loves her page as much as I do ~ and I hope you like it too. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: