Wednesday, May 9, 2012

And now... A card for Dad!

I've made quite a few cards for mom lately so I thought that this time, I should maybe make a card for Dad :) Father's Day is coming up in a few weeks and I've got to start planning for my May Fast & Fabulous class! I love the Best Dad Ever stamp set for anything masculine, but especially Father's Day cards. Even if a Dad doesn't actually *wear* ties, a tie still says 'Dad'. ;)

This week, I also decided to participate in a brand spanking new challenge called the Dynamic Duos. It's Challenge #1! So exciting! This weeks Challenge asked us to use Pool Party and Lucky Limeade. Those are the ONLY colors we could use except any neutrals (Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, etc.). I love this type of Challenge, it really stretches the imagination!

So how'd I do? I think it turned out pretty well! Other than the Whisper White, I really only did use the two colors we were supposed to use :) I did recycle last week's Freshly Made Sketch for this card too... I had made a spinner card with the sketch, but I think this works well too - love this sketch!

Tips & Tricks:

*I just love the 2011-2013 In Colors so much that I got the In Color DSP Paper Stack. DSP in the five gorgeous colors. That's where the Pool Party polka dot DSP came from :)
*To match my polka dot DSP with the Pool Party card stock, I embossed it with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder.
*I love doing the two-tone ties. They're so easy to cut out. I mount the cut out tie on Stampin' Dimensionals to give my card a bit of extra dimension.
*I love Whisper White as a card base! It's easy to write in, as well.
*For my greeting, I used a 1/2" strip of card stock and then free-handed the notches. You don't *always* need a punch ;)


I hope my class-goers love this card, and I hope that the Dads do too :) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!





6 comments:

paige said...

This card is so fun with the great sketch you used. Love the circle of ties with the one popped up! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Marybeth said...

I love these colors as well, just so pretty together.This is such great Father's Day card. I like the one added tie you added to the stamped images.

Lisa Elton said...

Such a fun Father's Day card, love the polka dot tie! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Anni said...

What a cute Father´s Day card! Great inspiration!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

LeAnne said...

Really fun card!!! I love how you tilted the ties image--makes it even more fun!

Allisa said...

Great card, love how you popped up the one tie. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos.