Saturday, August 4, 2012

Medallions and Banners

Another HOT week-end in Ottawa ON. It was 35C here today, 35C! And that's without the humidex. For my American friends, that's 95F. Which for Ottawa is pretty extraordinary. Especially because it has been so hot all summer. I spent the day at an outdoor festival and then in my in-law's pool, so I'm pretty spent ;) But not too spent to share this bright, summery card with you :)

Sunday is almost upon us and this week at Sunday Stamps we have a color challenge. Our designer Lisa Johansen at Snow Moose Creations came up with the challenge of Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive. This is a color combination I don't think I've used before but I loved it. This is why I love challenges so much, they force me to think outside the box. My little Baja Breeze and Wisteria Wonder box :)

Although I was inspired by a card I'd made at a demo meeting, I did tweak the sketch and made it my own :) I'm so excited to be finally coming up with my own sketches. Especially because I have something up my sleeve for the fall. And I'll need some sketches ;)

Tips & Tricks:

*It took a few tries to get my large floral medallion lined up properly on the Daffodil card stock. But that's because I forgot to use my Grid Paper. I think this heat is getting to me ;)
*I'm seriously loving the Floral Frames Framelits. It is soooo easy to create fantastic die-cut stamped images :) I made three different floral frames and love how easy it is to layer them!
*Isn't the button in the middle the perfect finishing touch? I especially love the Pacific Point paper thread through the middle. Add that little 'pop' of color!
*Although I wanted to include a sentiment on my card, I still wanted the flowers to remain front row and center. So I stamped the 'Happiest Birthday' sentiment tone-on-tone on the Daffodil card stock. I love how it turned out.

I hope this card inspired you to craft something bright and sunny and that you'll join us at Sunday Stamps this week for this fab color challenge. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






Card Recipe:

Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Loving Thoughts
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Paper: Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Designer Buttons - Brights, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Floral Frames Framelits, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Hayley Kew said...

I am REALLY starting to like this set Monica. Beautiful card!!!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Love it! Beautiful way to use the colours.