Thursday, February 7, 2013

More Amore Valentine's

Eek, I'm a day late! I'm trying to stay on track with my posts, but sick kids and a sick husband (and who's kidding who, he's like a sick kid too ;) ) have thrown me of my game this week. But I have some great cards for you today. Yes, cardS :)

I'm doing a mom-and-me Valentine's class tomorrow evening. We are using the Note Cards and Envelopes, the Spring Sampler stamp set and the More Amore Specialty DSP from the Spring Mini Catalogue. I can't tell you enough how much I absolutely LOVE the More Amore DSP. It is GORGEOUS and so easy to use. I especially love how easily the different patterns coordinate. Did I tell you I love it?


My inspiration for this card was this week's Freshly Made Sketch. I love the cut-off large element on the left. I used the Try Stampin' On Tuesday sketch for the next card.


Tips & Tricks:

*I was in a glitzy and glam kind of mood (plus I thought the kids would appreciate it) so I made sure to use the Basic Jewels - Rhinestones and Silver Glimmer Paper on every card. I find I can never give the Glimmer Paper justice through photos. It's so much more SILVER ;)
*The Notecards and Envelopes are awesome. For just $7.95 you get 20 3-1/2"x5" note cards as well as envelopes in Whisper White. Perfect for that quick card or a set of cards.
*I absolutely LOVE the laser-cut hearts in the More Amore DSP. So many ways I could use them...
*I embossed the DSP on the second card with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I love how it gives paper, especially DSP, a fabric-like feel.


*Wondering where the greeting is on the second card? I used the Wacky Wishes Hostess-only stamp set and stamped it *inside* the card :)

I hope my guests enjoy the cards. These ones are pretty feminine, but I do have some masculine ones up my sleeve, too. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

Monica
Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7 


Card Recipe: 
Stamps: Spring Sampler, Wacky Wishes, Delightful Dozen
Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Primrose Petals, More Amore DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Real Red, Primrose Petals
Accessories: Note Cards and Envelopes, Big Shot, Perfect Pennants Bigz L Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Modern Label Punch, Full Heart Punch, Basic Jewels - Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

Linda Suarez said...

What a great Valentine card Monica! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

SmilynStef said...

Love those repeating hearts.

Pajalu said...

What wonderful cards. I like your take on the sketches & how you put the rest of the sentiment on the inside for the second card. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Jen Mitchell said...

Great Valentine! I love that big heart. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

MJ said...

Super cute, both of these cards. Love that heart from the specialty paper. Thanks so much for playing along with the Try Stamping On Tuesday blog this week!

Sarah said...

Both of these cards are beautiful :) This paper is stunning and perfect for valentines day. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

Jen Timko said...

Wonderful cards, Monica! Love how you used this pretty DSP! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!