Monday, February 16, 2009

Cupcake Birthday

I had so much fun this morning, making a birthday card for my mom. Using Fire Rhinestone Brads and Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper. As usual, I just sat down and let my 'Stampin' supplies' inspire me - yeah, sounds pretty cheesy, but that's how it works for me :) I must admit that the general idea for this card was inspired by a good friend and stamp club member, Joelle. She made a similar one for Anna's 3rd Birthday. I liked it so much, I had to make one too! I had originally borrowed this stamp (Simple Birthday Thanks) from Joelle to make my daughter's birthday thank you's but I've kept it a bit longer to play with it ;)


I know this stamp has the writing on it, but if you just want the outline, the easiest way to ink it is with a Stampin' Spot. Even though it's a very big stamp and the Spot is only 1" by 1" in size, it's perfect for the job. I actually found that inking this stamp with the Stampin' Spot, even when you DO want the 'thank you' sentiment, worked best as you could be more accurate and have less smudging.


The recipe for my card includes

Stamp Set: Simple Birthday Thanks
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss Textured Cardstock, Raspberry Tart DSP, Confetti White Cardstock
Ink: Basic Black (Stampin' Spot), Ridinghood Red, Kiwi Kiss (for Cherry on top), Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Aquapainter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Fire Rhinestone Brads

Come learn how to make cards like these at my Open House this Saturday, from 7-10! Contact me at monkeypapercrafts@gmail.com for more info or see this post. My specials that evening include

*FREE Stampin' Write Marker with every $40 purchase or FREE Ink Pad or spool of 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon with every $60 purchase
or
*FREE Decor Elements Applicator with your first $25 purchase and FREE Decor Elements Monogram Letter (or DE of equal/lesser value) with every additional $50 purchases.

That's IN ADDITION to Sale-a-bration freebies and door prizes, etc! I've also posted some retired stamp sets I'm selling. Contact me anytime to purchase one!

Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: