Monday, February 9, 2009

Stamper's Group Projects for February

Well, we've had our first Stamper's Group for the year. With Valentine's day coming up I focused on Valentine's day related projects. I really liked a card I saw using mainly punches to make cute fishies, so we made a similar card. Secondly, for our first group I wanted to do something 3D rather than a card, so we made a Valentine's mailbox, filled with 12 Hershey's Kisses for my wonderful Stamper's Group Ladies :) I was really happy with how both projects turned out and certainly hope that the ladies enjoyed them too!

This is the 'Kissing Fishies' card. I thought it was unique because rather than using stamps to create the what we focus on, it uses mainly punches. I CASED this card, the idea for the fish and general layout came from a fellow Wisconsin Demonstrator Katie Resop.


The recipe for this card includes
Stamp Set: A Happy Heart, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock: Baja Blue, Pink Pirouette, Tangerine Tango, Ridinghood Red, Textured Pacific Point
Ink: Baja Blue, Pacific Point, Ridinghood Red
Punches: 1 3/4" Circle, 5-Petal Flower, Scalloped Edge, Boho Blossoms
Other Accessories: Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Googlie Eyes (dollar store)

The second project was the Valentine's mailbox. I used a template I found on the Demo SU! website (e-mail me if you'd like the template). The only difficulty I encountered was attaching the back 'flap' (i.e. the back end of the mailbox). So I created 3 1" x 1/4" paper tabs and attached it to the main rounded part of the mailbox once it was put together. What made this project relatively easy to prep was that most of the parts are rectangles which can just be cut with a paper cutter. The front and back flaps do require some cutting with scissors but it's easy (and I'm not one who likes to cut...)! The scoring is simple too. I used textured cardstock for the 'frame' of the mailbox, since it's a bit heavier than regular cardstock, and covered it with DSP.

All elements were put together using Sticky Strip. You definitely need the Sticky Strip to make sure it all stays together. Finally I stuffed the back half with red paper strips I bought at the dollar store. The stamp set used here is a Sale-a-Bration stamp set, 'Yummy'. I think it's very appropriate for this project ;) I embossed the images with Perfect Plum Craft Ink and Clear Embossing Powder. Here is the finished creation, I hope you like it as much as the ladies and I did!

The recipe for the this project is

Stamp Set: 'Yummy' (Sale-a-Bration)
Cardstock: Textured Pink Pirouette, Raspberry Tart DSP, Perfect Plum, Confetti White
Ink: Craft Perfect Plum
Punches: Designer Label, 1/8" Circle (retired)
Other Accessories: Silver Brads, Fire Circle Rhinestone Brads, Silver Elastic Cord (Holiday 2008 Occassions Mini), Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Sticky Strip, Chocolate Chip 1" Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Cellophane Bags

Want to learn how to make cool projects like this? Come to my Open House on February 21st and find out more! That's it for today, keep letting stamps bring out YOUR creativity!

No comments: