Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Gift for My Midwife

I'm once again resurrecting my blog. I've had my baby, he's now 6 weeks old and I'm trying to get back to this blog! I had my discharge appointment with my midwife this week and I made her a pregnancy shadow box to show her my gratitude for the wonderful care she gave me and my baby. The practice will be getting a new clinic space in the near future and I thought something new for their walls would be nice.

I made the background of the shadow box by weaving two pieces of Designer Series Paper together. I had never done this technique but I just love it and I'm hooked! It's definitely time consuming, but worth it. I also took advantage of my Big Shot using the Bigz Top Note Die (an SU! exclusive) and I dry embossed it with the Big Shot Texturz Plates. Here's the shadow box - my midwife loved it, hope you like it too!

Full shadow box:
Picture only:
Detail of paper weaving:
The recipe for my shadow box includes
Stamp Sets: She's All That and Everything Baby (both retired)
Carstock: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Green Tea (retired) and Parisian Breeze DSP
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Paper Piercer, Flower Fusion Too, Fire and Ice Rhinestone Brads, Corner Rounder Punch, Slit Punch, Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Big Shot, Top Note Die, SU! Texturz Plates

Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: