Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ships and Postage Stamps

The new stamp set in the Summer Mini, The Open Sea, is sooooo not me. Heck, when I first saw it mid-March I thought to myself "Who is going to buy that???  Boats?"  Well, I knew it would be someone's cup of tea, but certainly not mine.  I'm eating my words now...

I saw a few samples made with the stamp set at a recent meeting with my upline, saw a couple on Splitcoast and, well, I was hooked. I could make FABULOUS masculine cards with it and it was very versatile. So I took the plunge and ordered the set that was so not me ;)

Us demos know, this happens often... a stamp set we don't particularly like becomes a favorite after we see samples with it. Accessories or punches that we can never see ourselves using also become our faves. I think this is happening with this stamp set :) My next project will use the coordinating DSP, Nautical Expedition.


I made this card for this week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge. We were challenged to do a clean and simple card using buttons. I tend to use buttons a lot so I swapped them for compass 'postage stamps' using the new Postage Stamp Punch (LOVE IT!). I also used the Chocolate Chip Baker's Twine. I was introduced to distressing of card stock a few weeks ago and love the effect.  I just used my Craft and Rubber Scissors and 'scraped' them along the edges of the card stock.  If you look closely, I tore it too, but I didn't mean to ;)

So what do you think? Yay or nay for the stamp set? Clean and simple enough? Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

1 comment:

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Great clean and simple card! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.