Friday, September 16, 2011

Christmas Window

I love the stamp set, Welcome Christmas. The images just give me warm fuzzy feelings :) So I knew I'd have to use it in one of my Crazy 4 Christmas classes. Although we will be making this particular card at class #2, I have some other awesome cards planned for next week's first Crazy 4 Christmas Class on Friday September 23rd at 7:30. There's still time to sign up, so don't delay!

For this card, the Pals Paper Arts sketch fit my image pretty perfectly. Actually, when I saw this sketch my jaw dropped because I made the card below about 2 weeks ago... but it's pretty darn close to it! Great minds think alike I guess ;) I flipped it, moved the main image away from the edge of the card and voila - my Welcome Christmas card was born :) And now it can participate in this week's PPA challenge.


Tips & Tricks:

*I LOVE the Scalloped Polka Dot Ribbon in the 2011/2012 IB&C - the Real Red and Old Olive colors are just so perfect for Christmas cards!
*Looking for a more cost-effective alternative to those lovely Glimmer Brads? Punch out shapes with the Bitty Punches from our silver or red Glimmer Paper to get a similar effect for a fraction of the price!
*Like the window look? It's sooo easy! I stamped my image and greeting on a 3x3 piece of card stock. Then, I used the 1-1/4" Square Punch to punch out the four squares. Using a piece of card stock just slightly bigger than the final result (which is about 2-1/2" x 2-1/2") allowed me to easily align my image while giving me a bit of play on spacing when punching it out.
*Looking for an alternative to Whisper White and Very Vanilla card stock? Try the Confetti White. It has a bit of a vintage feel to it, perfect for this classic image.

Hope this simple yet classic holiday card has inspired your own holiday stamping! 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the scene through the window effect! Very pretty holiday card!

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Beautiful Christmas window. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks ladies! Hope my class-goers love it just as much :)