Monday, September 26, 2011

Hallowe'en Scrappin'

I love Hallowe'en. It's one of my favorite holidays. I always get so excited to see my kids in their carefully selected costumes, as well as all the other children who come to our door looking for a treat. My camera is always ready to take lots of pictures. This is why I also love my Hallowe'en scrappin' classes. It's truly win-win. I get to make a couple of pages and help my fellow stamper's preserve their Hallowe'en memories too!

This year, I'm combining Fall and Hallowe'en together into one class, this upcoming Sunday. For the Hallowe'en portion we are using the Frightful Sights DSP as well as the Wicked Cool and Scaredy Cat stamp sets. Scaredy Cat is such a perfect scrapping stamp set because of its large images and small accent stamps. Last week I started off my Thanksgiving pages with a Mojo Monday Sketch and when I saw this week's sketch, I knew it would make a FABULOUS Hallowe'en page!


Tips and Tricks:

*I love the fun and interesting patterns of the Frightful Sights DSP. It's perfect for the Herringbone Technique for which I gave a tutorial here.
*Other than the interesting backgrounds on the top left and bottom right rectangles, this page is pretty simple ~ the bottom right is a pattern found in the DSP itself! How easy :)
*Love the two-toned 'Happy Hallowe'en'? I colored the stamp with our Stampin' Write Markers!
*The Spider Web Embossing Folder is perfect for a card front or the Scalloped Square. When putting pictures in this album, the web can be covered up or left as is.
*Kids grow so fast but sometimes is hard to tell what year it is when looking at pictures years later. I love adding in the year with the Simple Numbers Die on atleast one page so that in 20 years I know how old my kids were in the pics :)

Hope this page got you excited for Hallowe'en. 'Til next time keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: