Friday, June 18, 2010

Hostess Appreciation Part 1 & Sneak Peak

Last night I held my (hopefully) annual Hostess Appreciation Night. Without hostesses I wouldn't have a business and this was my little way of saying 'thank you' to them. The evening started off with some champagne, followed by two WOW 3D make-and-takes, fantastic door prizes and finally we had some yummy treats! We used all new DSP's, a brand new stamp set, a new punch and new 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon. I love that ribbon! Today I'll show you the projects my hostesses made. I'm still trying to figure out how I've lived without Early Espresso all this time so that's what my hostesses stamped with! They were also my first customers to get a sneak peak at the new cattie!

The first project we made was an altered coaster picture frame. We used the brand new Newsprint DSP and Artistic Etchings stamp set. We also used the new adhesive rhinestones - LOVED those rhinestones when they were in the Eggcellent Easter Kits and I'm so glad they are going to be a permanent fixture in the new cattie :) The frame is held together with the Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon. This ribbon is so yummy - I think it's my new favourite!


That gorgeous medallion is part of the Artistic Etchings Stamp Set and it's perfectly punched out with the 1-3/4" circle punch. So how did I get such a big scallop to mat it? With the new 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch!!!


How cool is this Newsprint DSP? Yes, the map and sheet music is part of that awesome DSP! I can't wait to use it on cards and scrapbook pages!

The second project we made was this super cute Milk Carton with DSP carnation. I got my inspiration from a fellow sideline - Janet Sanii. We used the Greenhouse Gala DSP. This DSP has a mod retro feel to it and I LOVE it. Love the colours, the patters, everything! The carnation was made with 6 2-3/8" scallop circles. I'll be back with a tutorial another day - hopefully I won't forget :p They're super easy to make but involve crumpling up DSP which none of my hostesses wanted to do! They said the paper was much too pretty to crinkle up. I can't say I disagree... but the final product is worth it.

Finally, I made all the hostesses cards with the 2010/2011 Level 1 Hostess Set Because I Care as well as a little gift but I'll be back with that in the next post or this one would just get too long! You may be wondering how you could take part of this soiree next year. It's simple - book a stampin' party with me and you've got an automatic invite!

Hope you've enjoyed these sneak peaks and I'll be back with more sneak peaks soon! Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity,

No comments: