Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge 142

Well, I haven't *completely* lost my mojo. But with two kids running around (well, okay, running and crawling - but I wish my youngest was running...) sometimes I need a mojo boost. So I thought I'd try the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge for this week to get my creative juices flowing. I also finally decided to use my new colour samples. I've hesitated to use them because, well, I only had one sheet of each! But with my preorder coming tomorrow I don't feel the same need to ration it ;) I used my three fave colours from the new core colours - Early Espresso, Marina Mist and Cherry Cobbler. Yum... hmmmm I suddenly feel like having cherry pie with a latte ;) This week's sketch can be seen to the right.

My cards (yeah, I made TWO! But they are just mini cards...) aren't exactly like the sketch, but close enough ;) I used my current go-to set, Sweet Scoops in the Summer Mini, and the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. I did stamp with Chocolate Chip ink because I don't have my new inks yet - tomorrow can't come fast enough, lol! - but I still think tey look pretty good! I just love how these three colours go together. That said I can't wait to use my Rich Razzleberry with Marina Mist and Baja Breeze with Early Espresso! Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow ;)

Well, the kiddies are calling (or more like whining) and I need to finish up the end of year teachers gifts. Wait 'til you see these beauties - Hodgepodge Hardware bookmarks! But for now, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






Love this project? Click here to shop Stampin' Up! with me now! (Canada only)

How did I make my projects?

Stamp Set: Sweet Scoops (117078, wood mount, or 120078, clear mount)
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist (all coming July 1st!), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip 5/8" Satin Ribbon (117287), Two-way Glue Pen (100425), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (102023), Scallop Trim Border Punch (coming July 1st!), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Big Shot (113439), Beautiful Wings Embosslit

No comments: