Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Playing With Some New Toys

Today was a great day. The little brown truck (aka UPS truck) pulled up at my house and dropped off a 23 lbs box of goodies for me to play with! No, it wasn't all mine, there were lots of goodies for the ladies who attended my New Catalog Event almost two weeks ago. But I did get a bunch of stamp sets, all of the new In Color Ribbons, some of the 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, new DSP, some Big Shot stuff and some new punches. Fun times!!! :)

I used the sketch above from Let's Try Stampin' on Tuesday for my card today. I wanted a sketch where I could use my new stamps, new DSP and In Color Ribbon. I think it worked :) Of course, as you can see I changed it up - a bit. Lol. I also used the Four Seasons Hostess Set. Isn't that birdie so cute!


Tips & Tricks:

*I love love love the new Fancy Fan Embossing Folder. It is so gorgeous and classic! I can see myself using this one a lot!
*Have you seen the new Paper Piercer and Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack? So many shapes you can pierce: the Heart, Curly Label, Designer Label and more! All coordinating with our punches! I used the circle template on this card.
*I really loved these rolled flowers and I replaced the scallop edge on the sketch with them. The technique is simplified paper quilling. I had done this technique a few weeks ago in another card and I had to refer to my own post about it to remember how to do it. How silly is that!
*The ladies at my Stamper's Group are doing this card this Sunday. I really wanted them to try out some of the new products. Want to come and learn some advanced techniques? Come try the group out on Sunday or join a new one starting in August/September :)
*I am *really* loving the Stitched In Color Ribbon. It is so soft and shiny! And don't you love how the Summer Starfruit Ribbon looks golden? So pretty...


The Polka Dot Parade DSP is so much fun! I love the bright colors and all the polka dots! (Of course ;) ) I really hope the ladies enjoy this card on Sunday! And I'm so glad I've finally got my new goodies... I have a few more coming next week :) Happy days!

'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

4 comments:

Nancy Seed said...

Don't you just love new toys!! Interesting colour combination. Great job on the card and thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Deb said...

New stuff is so much fun. Love what you did with the challenge this week. I agree that the Fancy Fan embossing folder is so pretty. I love it. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Mynn xx said...

THIS IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! LOVE those colors together--and the texture and patterns are fabulous, too! This is beautiful! :)

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks so much for the nice feedback ladies :)