Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunny Colors at Sunday Stamps!

I should've posted this yesterday so that it hit your inboxes this morning - on Sunday! But I compeletely forgot... I am posting now though, and it's still Sunday, so I guess that's not too bad :p This week at Sunday Stamps we had a fun, sunny color challenge: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Basic Black. To make this card even more sunny and summery, I used the new Summer Silhouettes stamp set.


I love all different images in this stamp set - so many options. I chose the little dandelions so that I could do some two-step stampin' :)


Tips & Tricks:

*I used black ink for the dandelion 'puffs' but I did second generation stamping so the puffs came in greyish.
*One of the new embossing folders in the Delicate Designs set (there's two) has this cute doily edge border. I trimmed around the round edges to give it a scalloped look.
*I really love the Loving Thoughts stamp set that was carried over from the 2012 Occasions Mini. It has greetings just a bit different than the usual like 'Create', 'Dream', and 'Memories' that are great for a large variety of cards as well as scrapbooking.
*Don't have Old Olive twine? Use a thin 'thread' of card stock instead :)
*Love this card? Come make it at my Fast & Fabulous Card Class this Wednesday from 7:30 - 9. We'll be making 6 cards, 3 each of 2 designs with all new stamp sets! It's a great class for beginners as well as more experienced stampers :)

I hope you enjoyed this Sunday Stamps card. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!



2 comments:

jjcreations said...

Love this card! The lacy edge, the two step flowers - and especially your little "paper thread"....clever idea. Something to keep in mind.

Hayley Kew said...

Really cute card! Love this stamp set and how you cut out the embossed border. So excited to be working with you at Sunday Stamps :)