Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thinking of You...

A friend of mine (and a fellow demo) has been going through a hard time. I had to drop off some things at her house so I included this card for her. I just wanted to let her know that even though we were both busy women, I was there for her and thinking of her. I know she loves the pink and brown combination, so I hope she liked this card.


I'm really loving the Clean and Simple Stamping challenge site that I stumbled across a few weeks ago. As the name would suggest, their sketches are 'clean and simple', just my style.

Tips & Tricks:

*I wanted a large scallop border at the bottom, to coordinate with the wider Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon. I used my Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die, cut out the border. Then I hid the seam between the border and cardstock on the top part of the card with the ribbon.
*The butterfly is from the Creative Elements stamp set. I cut it out with my Paper Snips. If you'd prefer to punch out a butterfly, check out the new Papillon Potpourri stamp set and coordinating Elegant Butterfly Punch.
*I wanted to make the butterfly pop! I stamped it in Early Espresso and then in Pretty in Pink and then I layered them. Love how it turned out.
*The scallop border looked a bit too plain to me. To fancy it up a bit, I added the Pearl Jewels to each scallop. Love these little embellishments!

I really hope this card brightened my friend's day. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

I'm sure your friend will be appreciating your kindness and the beautiful card you've created for her. Love all your elements!