Monday, September 17, 2012

Birthday World Treasures

I love the peacock in the World Treasures stamp set. It's really cute and I can use it on thank you cards, birthday cards, really *any* kind of card. But how did I come by the stamp set? I didn't actually buy it yet! I borrowed it from one of my downline who's super creative but just couldn't figure out what to do with it. I wanted to prove to her that it really is easy to use ;)

Today's card is brought to you care of the Sunday Stamps Challenge. Our Lead Design Team Member Holly provided us with this week's color challenge:


What a funky color combo - definitely not my norm, but so much fun! That's what I love about challenges, they definitely push me out of my comfort zone most of the time. I made this card for my oldest friend for her birthday. We've known each other for over 20 years and she definitely is a treasure!

Tips & Tricks:
*I decided to play around with my embossing powders for this card. I embossed the peacock in Melon Mambo and the greeting in Black. I love how the Melon Mambo EP gives the peacock some shine and dimension.


*Do you like my black rhinestones? I simply used a black Sharpie marker to color the Basic Jewels - Rhinestones black. They still sparkle, too!
*I love the new Designer Labels Framelits. They coordinate with many stamps in the catalogue and I love how I can easily cut out images and greetings.
*The peacock is a big image, which is what my friend had trouble with. But I love how I just need the one stamp to make my card.

I hope my friend enjoys her birthday card. I still have to find her a gift though... 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity! And don't forget to join us at Sunday Stamps this week!






Card Recipe:
Stamps: World Treasures
Paper: Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Basic Jewels - Rhinestones, Heat Tool, Melon Mambo & Black Embossing Powder, Big Shot, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Designer Labels Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Black Sharpie (not SU!)

1 comment:

Tara Bourgoin said...

Love it, Monica!! I especially love the embossing for the sentiment! I guess I might need to play around with this one now ;)