Sunday, September 23, 2012

Some Quintessential Medallions

I've been working on a lot of Christmas cards and this week I wanted to make something that wasn't so festive. I also wanted to use something other than my Christmas stamps. So using Tara's Sketch for the Sunday Stamps Challenge, I decided to play around and use the Quintessential Flower single stamp as well as the Daydream Medallions stamp set.

Not only that, but I went with super bright, summery colors :) Tara had said that her sketch was a launching point, to use our imaginations. And we all know I don't like to follow the 'rules' anyways. So, instead of the tag, I used the gorgeous flower and this is what I came up with :)


Tips & Tricks:
*If you're not afraid of a little bit of texture, layer two embossed pieces of card stock on top of each other. I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder to emboss my Summer Starfruit layer as well as the Raspberry Ripple Strip.
*I tore the top corner of my Summer Starfruit card stock because something was missing. But then I tore too big a piece off. So I stamped the Quintessential Flower on my Raspberry card stock and voila - fixed! As I always tell my my stampers, most of the time, 'mistakes' can be fixed ;)
*I absolutely LOVE that the Quintessential Flower coordinates with our scalloped circle and circle punches. I made my layered flower in less than five minutes!
*Doesn't the medallion make a fabulous background for my flower? It was easy to cut out with the Floral Frames Framelits, too.
*I wanted a nice, bright card and the 2012-2014 In Colors definitely fit the bill! And then I topped it off with a Summer Starfruit In Color Dahlia. :)

I left the card without a greeting. While it would make a fantastic birthday card, it could be a thank you card or a 'just because' card. So I decided to not close any doors ;) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity.






Card Recipe:
Stamps: Quintessential Flower, Daydream Medallions
Card Stock: Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Pink Primrose, Midnight Muse
Accessories: In Color Dahlias, 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circles Punch, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Floral Frames Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

Hayley Kew said...

Lovely card Monica. You are getting close to selling me on the Daydream Madallions set (as if I need another new set... :D).