Thursday, January 31, 2013

Masculine Just Thinking

One thing I love about Leadership is that you get FREE stamps (and DSP and accessories). And this year was no different. We were spoiled and one of the stamps we received was the Just Thinking single stamp. I love it! Coordinates perfectly with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch as well as the Window Frames Framelits. I'm always on the lookout for a great stamp that works well for masculine AND feminine cards and this stamp definitely fits the bill.


I used this weeks Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch for my card inspiration. Can you believe, however, I don't have the coordinating Framelits yet? Unbelievable, I know. So I improvised and stamped my image in Early Espresso on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Then I stamped the image again in Lucky Limeade on another piece of card stock and put it over the Espresso image with Dimensionals.


Tips & Tricks:
*Do you like the Early Espresso background? I used the new Vine Street Embossing Folder, available in the Sale-a-Bration Brochure. What's SAB? It's only our BEST promotion! For every $60 you spend in product, you get to choose a FREE item from the brochure!
*Do you see how my punched out element seems to be missing some ink? This was intentional! I colored it with my Lucky Limeade Marker because I didn't want to include 'friend' in the sentiment. Then I intentionally roughed the image up by not coloring all the edges.
*I haven't used Linen Thread to tie around my card and make a bow in a long time. I love the natural look of it. I added a clear Bitty Button to the center of the bow.

I made this card for a Card Brigade that I organized. It's a little group of people that will send a card to someone needing an 'Avalanche of Love' - just a little random act of kindness that can make someone's day a bit brighter. Interested? Find more info on my Facebook Page.

Hope you've enjoyed this card - 'til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

Monica
Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Just Thinking
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Bright Blossoms DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Linen Thread, Bitty Buttons, Big Shot, Vine Street Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Lucky Limeade Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Jewels - Pearls


6 comments:

Sarah said...

Great masculine card. Love these colours for the guys and this stamp is perfect - even better if it's free :) Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Mynn xx said...

This is amazing!! LOVE the way you layered the stamped sentiment! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

Nancy Seed said...

Great masculine card. Love the overall effect and use of the embossing folder. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks for the feedback ladies :D

MJ said...

Great idea to use the set without the framelits. Love this card, perfect for both male and female. Nice that you got the set for free!! Lucky girl, thanks so much for playing along with us on the TSOT blog!

Paula Reid said...

Love your card - nice to see something other than Valentines :). Thanks for playing along at TSOT