Monday, January 21, 2013

Oh, Hello Thinking of You

One of the stamp sets we got in our Leadership Kit this year was Oh, Hello from the Spring Mini Catalogue. I'd been thinking about buying the set and was thrilled to find out we were getting it with our kit!

It's so versatile and coordinates perfectly with the Ovals Framelits. I've had a few sympathy and 'thinking of you' cards to send out this week, so I used this stamp set and a lovely sketch from Freshly Made Sketches (though I did take a few creative liberties).


I used the 'chevron' stamp from the Oh, Hello stamp set and colored it with markers for the accents on the ends. I also cut it apart. And doesn't the chevron background for the flower look like DSP? Love that stamp as well as the new ink pads which make everything so crisp!

Tips & Tricks:

*I wasn't sure about the Natural Trim Ribbon from the Mini. But it's so soft and I love how it frays on the ends ever so gently.
*The Needlepoint Border Textured Impressions Embossing Folders are just lovely. They add a very gentle and sweet accent to your projects. For this card, I simply placed it diagonally along my Midnight Muse layer.


*The Tea Lace Paper Doilies. Need I say more? For $3.95/24 doilies, they're not only a great value but so versatile! Here I cut one in half, cut the edges off and layered the them under my oval accent.

I hope this card brightens someone day a bit in a time that may not be so bright. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

Monica

Card Recipe: 
Stamps: Oh, Hello
Paper: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse
Accessories: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse and Soft Suede Markers, 7/16" Natural Trim Ribbon, Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Big Shot, Needlepoint Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Ovals Collection Framelits, Paper Snips, Paper Piercing Tool, Paper Piercing Mat, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals




2 comments:

Linda Suarez said...

Very pretty Monica! Love the color combo. And that chevron stamp is awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! Wonderful colors and I love how you used the embossing folder on the diagonal line! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!