Friday, May 20, 2011

Simply Sketchy

Today I had a very simple but cute sketch to work with from the great gals at Pals Paper Arts. The minute I saw it, I knew I was going to use the Blushing Bride Polystitch Ribbon for the two side borders.  But what to put in the middle?

With the Victoria long week-end in Canada I didn't have much time to make my card today so I decided to keep it simple. The Flower Fest stamp set in the Summer Mini is great because most of the stamps coordinate with Stampin' Up! punches. I also used the Paisley Prints DSP which will be in the new catalogue on July 1st.


For the 5-petal flower and butterfly, I watercolored. Using CLASSIC INK!!! It will run if you try to do too much blending and such. But if you just want to add some light color, gently water color using your aqua painter, without too much water and you'll create a nice, soft effect on your images :)

Enjoy and hope my Canadian readers have a great long week-end. Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

1 comment:

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Very pretty. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.