Monday, October 31, 2011

A Circus Birthday

BOOO!!!  Happy Hallowe'en to all my stampin' friends :)  I've shown many Hallowe'en projects so I'm going birthday today.

My friend's little guy is turning 3 on Sunday which means a card is needed :) I love using challenges for my cards, they generally make me think out of my box! I used the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge for this card.

I love the Big Top Birthday DSP for kid's birthdays - it's so fun and festive! The colors are perfect for both boys AND girls, too. I added the monkeys from Fox and Friends because I thought it was quite fitting for this little guy. Even though his older brother is more of a monkey than him, he broke his arm at the start of last summer by being a little monkey. Silly boy. Hope he enjoys this card!


Tips & Tricks:

*Don't have a Circle Scissor Plus to cut bigger circles? No problem! Neither do I! So how'd I cut out my DSP circle? I learned this little trick from my upline, Marlayne. Use a plate, glass (or in my case, a spool of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon) and trace it on your DSP (the side you won't be using). Then cut it out carefully with your Paper Snips. Voila! A circle of any size :)
*I love how the Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Emboss Powder makes my monkeys POP!
*To add a bit of texture to my stars DSP I embossed it with my Stripes Embossing Folder. I love the look of embossed DSP!
*My greeting is in French because my friend's children speak primarily French. I have Teeny Tiny Wishes in both English and French because I have a large Francophone customer base.

'Tis all for today... have a safe Hallowe'en and 'til next time... keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

4 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

Super cute! I love those little monkeys and the embossing on the star paper. :)
-Tara

Jenny said...

This is so adorable - the monkeys are the cutest - your little guy will love it!

Johanna said...

You are right, this card IS festive! I love the colours and the monkeys :)

Great project!!

Kristen said...

Very cute, I'm sure he will love it! :-)

Kristina
www.pearlgateway.com