Friday, October 28, 2011

Waffle Ribbon - A Great Element of Style

I love the new Waffle Ribbons in the Holiday Mini. They are not as thick as they look in the picture, satiny and simply gorgeous. Their beauty and uniqueness easily makes them the focal point on any card. This week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge asked us to use ribbon as the element of style in our card this week.

As you know from my last post, I just got my beloved Christmas Lodge stamp set (why oh why did I wait 3 months to order this?!?!?) and wanted to use it with today's project as well. I then decided to kill two birds with one stone because I wanted to use this stamp set for my third Crazy 4 Christmas class along with the Early Espresso Waffle Ribbon. I just love this gorgeous Christmas tree and love the font of the greetings in this stamp set. But what steals the show? The gorgeous ribbon, of course!


Tips & Tricks:

*Although the gorgeous ribbon is the focal point on this card, I did add a bit of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter around the base of the tree and on the tree.
*A beautiful image doesn't need much embellishment. This card is quite simple, yet so beautiful and classic.
*Sure, the classic Christmas colors are red and green, but isn't this tree great in Marina Mist?

Hope you've enjoyed my marina Christmas tree - 'til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: