Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stamper's Technique Group Preview

A new year brings new stamper's groups. And that means new techniques to learn for me! I'm starting a card technique group on Saturday February 4th at 8PM, as well as an Anything but a Card class starting Sunday February 12th at 2 PM. Both groups will be every other month. I love these groups because not only do I get to stamp with some very awesome women, but I also have a reason to do some fancy shmancy cards. If you're in the Ottawa area and you'd like more info, email me at stampingmonica@gmail.com.

I have been wanting to try the Faux Tile technique out for a while, and the Fresh Vintage Sale-a-Bration stamp set (a sneak peek!!!) is perfect for it. The only thing I probably didn't do exactly right was that I stamped a bit too hard on the crease lines, but I still like the tile effect. And I love how striking it is with the Rich Razzleberry against Whisper White :)


I also used inspiration from this week's Friday Mashup Challenge. They asked us to do a thank you card, use Designer Series Paper or mash it up and do both. So mashed it all up and used the gorgeous Pocketful of Posies DSP.

Tips & Tricks:

*I love how Lucky Limeade ribbon looks with Rich Razzleberry. The contrast is stunning.
*Love the ribbon? It's the Lucky Limeade 1/8" Organdy Ribbon, part of a SAB bundle! Gorgeous and I love how because of its lightness I can wrap it around a few times without it looking too 'heavy'.
*Sale-a-Bration starts January 24th. Free goodies for every $60 spent ~ stamp sets, brads, ribbon, DSP and many other accessories! How awesome is that???
*I love sponging on my cards. Great effect that costs pennies. Our Stampin Sponges are only $4.75 for 3, and I take each sponge and cut them into 8 triangles. When they get dirty I wash them and reuse! I get over a year's use out of my 3 sponges.
*To do the accent sponging on the faux tiles, make sure you only ink the edge of the sponge so it doesn't spread elsewhere.
*I always use Glue Dots to adhere my buttons. Here I adhere the Tiny Tag with a Glue Dot and then adhered the button over top.

Hope I've inspired you to make a thank you card for someone special! 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out *your* creativity.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Great technique! perfect for that stamp!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

This looks so fabulous, I might just have to try this technique as you've made it look too easy!

Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Tara Bourgoin said...

That technique looks really cool... might have to give that one a shot at some point ;)

Rich Razzleberry is one of my favourite colours (so much so that I tend to hoard it all :P)... I love, love this card!

hollybeary creations said...

Oh this is so pretty.. I've never seen this technique before.. Must give it a try. I really like your color combo too.. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.