Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Elementary Elegance

I love the name of this Sale-a-Bration stamp set. Elegance? Why it's Elementary! And this stamp set really is elegant. I thought it would work very well with this week's Mojo Monday sketch, as well. This week's challenge was Round or Square. How about rectangle? lol! I never could follow rules ;)


This card is a sample of one of the cards we'll be making at my Occasions Mini and Sale-a-Bration Kick-Off party this Friday. Love it? Why don't you come (if you're in the Ottawa area). As always, Stampin' Up! thinks of everything! See how the center image coordinates perfectly with the Curly Label punch? This makes it much easier to have a perfectly centered, perfectly stamped image. To add an extra dimension to my card, I raised the sentiment up on Stampin' Dimensionals.



Tips & Tricks: 

*I've once again used the Everyday Enchantment Sale-a-Bration DSP on my card. Isn't this just so different from some of the other patterns I've shown you on other cards?
*To make sure the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment really pops out, I sponged the edges of the curly label.
*Sometimes it's harder to ink and stamp larger stamps evenly. What I love about the vintage look is that things are supposed to look old and 'not perfect' so  it's okay if things aren't stamped perfectly.
*I've once again used the SAB Organdy Ribbon in Lucky Limeade. And once again, I love how I can see the DSP peeking through it.
*I didn't use the image of the bird found in the DSP, but the Elementary Elegance stamp set has a matching image in it. Oh SU!, how great are you at helping us coordinate our creations so well :)

I hope to see you at my SAB and Occasions Mini Kickoff if you're in the Ottawa area. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

What a gorgeous card--that sentiment is fabulous! :) LOVE the blues and greens. BEAUTIFUL!