Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A 'Tea-rrific' Birthday

Today marks the launch of the Occasions Mini! Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff in there and I have most of it :p One of the best yet, as you've seen from my large multitude of sneak peek samples :) Today's card used the beautiful, simple sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. I have a Birthday Card Class coming up next week (Friday January 13th at 7:30 for those in the Ottawa area) and this sketch is perfect for it. Not only that, but the minute I saw it, the Tea Shoppe stamp set and the 3 cute tea cups stamp immediately popped into my head!

With the stamp set's vintagey but cute feel, I added the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from Curly Cute. I also couldn't resist using the Beau Chateau DSP to add to the vintage feel. Not sure yet who I'll be giving this card to, but whoever gets it will be very lucky, IMO ;) My class card will be a smidge simpler, to save on time, but gorgeous nonetheless.


Tips & Tricks:

*To add to the vintage feel, I sponged the edges of all the card stock, as well as the surface of the Very Vanilla piece, with Soft Suede ink. It's perfect for adding that vintage feel to any project.
*I embossed the Pink Pirouette card stock with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder because it's matches well with the Beau Chateau DSP.
*Since our Stampin' Write Markers contain the same ink as our ink pads, you can stamp with them. I do find, however, that Pink Pirouette is a bit on the light-colored side when stamping with markers, so I use the Pretty in Pink color in its place.
*I curled the edges of the card stock with a bone folder and separated the layers. I meant to do the same with the Pink Pirouette color but it tore - so I decided to go with it and keep it torn. I actually really like the way it looks!

Hope you've enjoyed this fresh, vintage card. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

6 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a pretty shabby chic card! I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Suits me to a "tea" - adorable card!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, I love pink and brown. Those tea cups are so cute.

Lesley said...

Lovely! The colours and the lace work so well together. Have a great class.

Cindy Hall said...

Really great card! Love the vintage feel. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

This is beautiful! Love the vintage feel. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko