Monday, July 6, 2009

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge - Week 94

So I've been getting bored of the same old card designs I've been using. My cousin Patti is always sending me pictures of her fantastic cards with awesome layouts. Lately though, I just don't have the energy to come up with my own. So I decided I'll participate in this weekly challenge. Every Monday the folks at Mojo Monday provide a card sketch and the challenge is to adapt it to your own card. People use all kinds of stamps, cardstock, papers, accessories, etc. since it's not a Stampin' Up! thing. Here is this week's sketch:

So for my first challenge I decided to finally crack open my package Summer Picnic DSP, retired last July! I purchased it and loved it so much that I didn't want to use it. But really, that's just silly. I bought it to use it, and boy did I ever! Lots of DSP and I used my favorite patterns from that set. Here's what I came up with... I clear embossed the oranges using craft ink. I used markers to color the strawberry three different colors and also clear embossed it by stamping over the colored strawberry with VersaMark (using the Stamp-a-ma-jig).


The card recipe for my Mojo94 card includes:
Stamp Set: Tart & Tangy
Cardstock:Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP (retired)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (craft), Real Red, Basic Black, Old Olive, VersaMark
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I Texturz Plates, Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals

Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!