Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge - Week 95

Okay, so I know it's Tuesday. But I did make this card on Monday, just didn't get a chance to post it 'til today. Life with two kids sometimes gets in the way of blogging :p Who would've thought? LOL!

It's my second week doing these sketch challenges and I love it! It forces me to think outside 'my' box and use DSP and embellishments in ways I'm not used to. For example, I would've never thought to place elements on my card on an angle like in this week's sketch. Or I wouldn't usually use DSP for my background for fear of making my card too 'busy'. But, I'm quite pleased with what I came up with and although it's busier than what I'm used to, I also think it 'simple' enough to be pretty.

So here's what I came up with, using the retired Sweet Always DSP and 'Merci' stamp set for inspiration.

The card recipe for my Mojo Monday Week 95 Sketch Challenge is:
Stamp Set: Merci (retired)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Sweet Always DSP (retired)
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Big Shot, Simple Flower Embosslit, Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads, 1/16" Hole Punch, 1" Double Stitched Chocolate Chip Ribbon, 1/4" Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Perfect Plum Stampin' Write, Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write, Summer Sun Stampin' Write, Basic Black Stampin' Write

The other thing I love about these sketch challenges is that I have carte blanche to use retired SU! products. Of course I can use them in all my creations, but I much prefer to use current products so that my customers can recreate them if they want. There's nothing worse than a customer falling in love with something and having to tell them it's not available!

I hope you enjoy this week's sketch challenge, it gives you some inspiration as well and keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: