Thursday, February 2, 2012

Edgelits, Twitterpated and Apothecary

For my Open House tomorrow night, I wanted to use some of the awesome products found in the new Occasions Mini. I used a new stamp set (Apothecary Art), new DSP (Twitterpated) as well as the Big Shot Edgelits. All of these products are awesome! And together, they're even better!

I also decided to use the this week's Freshly Made Sketch for my card. Of course, as usual I can't play by the rules and had to change it up a bit :p


I know some people may be having trouble with the Edgelits, keeping them in place as the sandwich is run through the Big Shot. Well, a few weeks ago, some of my sidelines were talking about this problem, how the Edgelit moves and cuts the card stock crooked. Well, here's a solution: put Post-It Notes at each edge of the Edgelit to keep it in place on the card stock. See the picture below. Now when you run your sandwich through, the Edgelit should stay in place.


More Tips & Tricks:

*I love to do atleast two layers on my cards but sometimes, the card base is enough. Especially when you adorn it with a gorgeous DSP.
*Love the Apothecary Art stamp set but don't want to invest in the Framelits quite yet? No problem! You can use this stamp set, as well as the Take it to Heart stamp set, without them.
*Once again, I was able to use Stampin' Up!'s coordinating products to punch out the 'For You' with my 1-inch Circle Punch.
*As much as I love clean lines, sometimes I like free-handing like I did on the 'Happiest Birthday' greeting. I had cut a 3/4" strip, of Whisper White card stock and then free-handed the banner notches.


I hope the ladies enjoy this card tomorrow. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Such a pretty card! Love how the edgelit cuts :)

Lesley said...

Very pretty indeed!!! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Lovely card ... lovely colours! Ype, post its to the rescue, I use them all the time! Great tip ...
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Thanks for the tip about the Edgelits Monica. I just got mine and haven't had a chance to play with them yet so I'll be sure to use your post-it tip a try! Great colors on your card - thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

My Creative Side said...

I need these edgelits! Very pretty card Monica!