Monday, July 23, 2012

A Little Papillon with International Bazaar

I've used a lot of my new stampin' supplies but some, such as the Vintage Faceted Buttons, have gone unused up 'til now.  Not because I don't like them. It's more of a time issue. I can only craft so much ;) And then there are some supplies, like the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and the International Bazaar DSP, that I would like to use even more. So on this card, I did just that. Lots of different elements, but I think they work well together.


My inspiration for this card was this week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge. I had originally wanted to make two of the DSP flowers (bottom right corner) but it was too busy for the card. So instead I put a Vintage Faceted Button in the corner. The button still draws some attention, but doesn't take over the card.

Tips & Tricks:

*For the DSP flower, I used the new 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch. It is in the Holiday Mini and will be available August 1st. I punched 6 scallop circles from the International Bazaar DSP, crumpled them (I know! It seems so wrong to crumple up DSP, but it looks so great) and put them together with a Brights Brad.
*Did you notice the piercing around the Framelit Labels? I used the Festive Paper Piercing Pack, also available in the Holiday Mini. I'm loving how Stampin' Up! is making paper piercing so easy for us with these lovely templates.
*The Papillon Potpourri stamp set has several different styles of butterflies - from a realistic looking one, to a flowery one and then to a more mod one. I thought this more realistic looking butterfly was perfect for this card.
*I've always loved the Word Window punch but I kept waiting on buying it because I was worried it would retire. It works so well with Teeny Tiny Wishes, Fabulous Phrases and other stamps. When I put in my huge order a few weeks back I took the plunge and finally ordered it. I can't believe I didn't have it before ;)
*Not sure how to adhere your buttons? I use the Mini Glue Dots. They're clear so they work with the clear buttons. I used them to adhere my DSP flower on the card, as well.

It's one of my friend's birthday this week so I'll be giving her this card. She loves anything colorful and with a funky pattern. I think this card fits the bill. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






Card Recipe:

Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, International Bazaar DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Word Window Punch, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Big Shot, Labels Framelits, Paper Piercing Mat, Paper Piercer, Festive Piercing Pack, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1/4" Stitched Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Jewels - Rhinestones, Brights Brads

No comments: