Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Fun Sunday Stamps Color Challenge

I really made a concentrated effort to get this post out on, well, Sunday. I'm really enjoying being on the Design Team for the Sunday Stamps Challenge and feel I should really try to get my posts out on the Sunday. So here we are :) This week's challenge was a color challenge: Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit and Basic Gray. I have to admit though, out of all the new In Colors, Primrose Petals is likely my least favorite. But I decided to really challenge myself and use it as the focal point on this card.


I really love this stamp set, Four Seasons. It has images for spring, fall, Christmas - any holiday really :) It's a Hostess only set, so if you love it, talk to me about booking a private stampin' party for you or your friends. You can also place a $200+ order my Online Store to earn hostess benefits.

Tips & Tricks:

*The larger circle images in the Four Seasons stamp set coordinate with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch and/or the Large Scallop Circle Punch. Coordination made easy!
*Unfortunately, you will need to cut out the butterflies with your Paper Snips. ;) But try it, it's not as bad as you think!
*I've seen this done so many times and never done it, but I love the look... Embossing your cardstock with punched/cut out elements glued onto it. Using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder gives it a quilted look and I love how it turned out.
*I made this card for two downline that were integral in helping me earn the Fiji Incentive Trip so I thought the Create greeting from Loving Thoughts was appropriate here ;) They're both on the Sunday Stamps Design Team though, so they'll see this card before they actually get it... I really have to get better at actually mailing these things out, lol!
*This is the first time I've used the Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon and I have to say, I have really grown to love the colour! It's good to step out of that box of mine sometimes.

I hope my downline love their card - when they actually get it! 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






2 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

I really love this card, Monica! The Four Seasons stamp set is one of my favourites!

hollybeary creations said...

Enabler...lol Now I need this bird set after seeing what you did with it.. This came out great! I really like how you used the Challenge colors.