Monday, July 30, 2012

Quintessential Flower with Summer Smooches

I made this card for both The Paper Players Challenge as well as the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. But because of busy summer weeks and week-ends, I never got around to posting it before the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge closed. It was a lovely sketch so I'm glad that I got to use it!

The Paper Players Challenge was a super fun one. They set up a tic-tac-toe board and we had to choose three elements for our card in a row: left to right, top to bottom or diagonally. My three elements were a floral card using ribbon and punches.  I decided to combine the Quintessential Flower stamp with the Summer Smooches DSP. I also used all the colors from the DSP on the various layers of the flower.


Tips & Tricks:

*Not sure how to combine a bunch of seemingly different colors together? Grab a sheet of DSP. SU! tells us which colors are in it and which colors will look fantastic together.
*I'm loving the Sweet Essentials stamp set. I needed some more greeting sets, I was getting bored of the ones I have. This set definitely fit the bill!
*I love how the Quintessential Flower is five stamps in one! So many options for one simple stamp :)
*SU! card stock is thick enough to distress and pull apart. I did this on my greeting.
*I love the Baker's Twine, especially the 2011-2013 In Colors twine. It's so cost effective and you get 25 yards in the package. So I don't feel bad when I wrap it around the card stock three times ;)

I love how the colors worked out and love The Paper Players idea for a challenge! So much fun :) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






Card Recipe
Stamps: Quintessential Flower, Sweet Essentials
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Island Indigo Baker's Twine, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Jewels - Rhinestones

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Monica! I just love the Quint-essential stamp, and you have showcased it so well!

LeAnne said...

What a fun way to use all those bright colors for your flower! So cheerful! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at the Paper Players!

Dawn Easton said...

Love your colourful layered flower!!! I'm all about colour!!! Fantastic card!

Amy White said...

Lovely bright card Monica - love that flower stamp! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!