Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Christmas with Delightful Dozen

I know I know, another 34C day in Ottawa and I'm posting about Christmas! Maybe that's why this heat wave has no end in sight? I'm tempting fate... but I had to get one more card ready for my Christmas in July Class on Thursday. I'm totally excited to eat some cookies, stamp some Christmas cards and listen to Christmas music ~ a stampin' friend is bring her Michael Buble Christmas album :)

One of the main reasons I bought the Delightful Dozen stamp set was for the Christmas stamp. It's so elegant, it's gorgeous. It stands out and really is an image in of itself. So when I saw that The Paper Players Challenge this week was to use a word stamp as the focal point/main image on a card, it seemed like this card was meant to be!


The sketch is my own. I've been working on my own sketches for a little project I'm planning for the fall... don't want to release details yet, but stay tuned, it will be exciting! I also used the strip of circles stamp from the new Chock Full of Cheer stamp set which coordinates perfectly with the gorgeous Be of Good Cheer DSP. Who would've thought that Gumball Green would look so great with Cherry Cobbler? I'm not usually a big fan of bright green, but I do love this one!

Tips & Tricks:

*I really wanted the greeting to stand out so the layer which it is stamped on is quite big.
*When I put my card together, it looked good. But, something was missing. I added a few Basic Jewels - Rhinestones to the stamped ornaments and suddenly the card was 'fixed' ;) Still love those jewels!
*Because I don't have to 'smoosh' my stamps into the new Firm Foam Stampin' Pads to get good ink coverage, I rarely have to worry about having 'rock' lines on my cards. Look at how crisp the images come out!

Hopefully this card doesn't set us up for an even longer heat wave. I think my hydro bill is going to be the highest ever this summer... better get stampin' to pay it! ;) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!




4 comments:

Janet's Stampin Stuff said...

I love Delightful Dozen, too. Your card is very festive!

LeAnne said...

I agree that this sentiment is one of the prettiest around! Perfect for my "wordsmith" challenge! Thanks for playing!

Jaydee said...

Love the sentiment and your use of this DSP made me realize I need to get into my craft room and use mine! Lovely clean lines on the card and I love that you didn't add any other embellishments and let the sentiment and DSP speak for themselves. Fabulous!
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves this stamp set :)