Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby Shower!!!

I know my blog posts have been few and far between lately. We've recently decided to sell our house and we're getting ready to list. I didn't realize how much stuff we'd accumulated in 10 years. It's ridiculous! The toys, the clothes, the stamping stuff! lol! It's total and utter insanity. So between decluttering and prepping for multiple workshops this month, my stampin' time is sadly limited.

I did get to play around with my stuff last week though. One of my good friends is having a baby at the end of a month so a mutual friend and I threw her a shower this past week-end. I got it into my head that I'd make decorations, favours and thank you cards so that my friend could properly thank all of her guests. Did everything turn out beautiful? Oh yeah! Especially the banner - it was such a hit my friend hung it in baby's room after the shower :) But was it a lot of work? OH YEAH! lol! Bare with me, there's quite a few pics :) But most of all, enjoy!

*The favours using the Baby Bundle stamp set and Everyday Elegance DSP. They were filled with chocolates which made our younger guests (it was a mom and me shower) very happy :) I made 28 of these. Lots and lots of Sticky Strip used on these ;)



*Pinwheels using Elementary Elegance DSP. I made four large pinwheels and six small pinwheels.



*Thank you cards using the baby from the retired Cuddles & Tickles stamp set. LOVE that stamp set! I made 20 cards for my friend.



*And finally, the banner. Baby's name will be Zander. I used the Beau Chateau DSP, the Perfect Pennants Big Shot Die and I embossed the letters with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. I LOVED the way it turned out!




I hope Baby Zander loves the banner above his crib - the colour works perfectly. I also hope these ideas inspired you a little bit when you have a party to throw. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

2 comments:

Melissa Bernard said...

great job Monica, these are awesome!! Melissa

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks Melissa :) It was lots of work, but worth it!