Friday, March 16, 2012

Springtime Scrappin'

I took a break from packing, cleaning and decluttering to do some scrapbooking. I must tell you, scrappin' is SOOOO much more enjoyable! As if there was any doubt ;)


I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch as the inspiration for my page. The sketch was perfect a scrap page. I love the contrast of Melon Mambo with Basic Grey ~ isn't it awesome? So warm but so cool, all at the same time.

Do you recognize the ribbon? Probably not! It's the Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon. It is a Sneak Peak and available during the month of April. Isn't it *gorgeous*? I just love the richness of the color!


Tips & Tricks:

*New to scrapbooking? Don't fret, use Stampin' Up!'s Simply Scrappin' kits to get you started. They contain 12x12 textured card stock, DSP and coordinating adhesive elements. Doesn't get easier than that!
*Because I've used the card sketch for a scrap page, I wanted to make it a bit more interesting ;) So, I cut six 3x3 squares from the DSP in the Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' kit and used it for the rectangular element. I love the way it stands out but doesn't take over the layout.
*How cute is Mr. Bunny? He's from the Heaven Blessed stamp set. I won him ~ well the whole stamp set ~ at a recent meeting with my upline and picked the set out for my daughter. She LOVES him :)

I can't wait for my Spring Fever Scrapbooking Class next week. Two more layouts to do but I'm so glad the gals at Freshly Made Sketches helped me out with this one ;) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

4 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

What great colours, and I love that you have used this sketch for a layout ... great job!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Callahan said...

This sketch worked great for your layout! Love that yellow seam binding!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great layout. And that seam binding ribbon is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

Great layout Monica! I agree, the Mambo and the grey do look amazing together. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!