Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Open Sea with Summer Smooches

I finally got my Summer Smooches preorder on Thursday! In the preview, I thought it was the DSP was really girly with flowers and such. But there are polka dots, squiggles, blues, red ~ lots of masculine patterns! Since I have a "Man Class" coming up on Friday April 20th I dove right in and used the red polka dot pattern. More info is available on my Facebook Page.


I used my beloved The Open Sea stamp set for this first 'man card'. I haven't used this stamp set in much too long. Love the sketch? I do too! I used this week's Pals Paper Arts sketch for my card. I thought it was a perfect way to showcase the Summer Smooches DSP.

Tips & Tricks:

*I'm loving the flagging technique. I love showing my stampin' friends that they *don't* need every punch and can free-hand a few notches in their card stock. I curled the tips of the flag with my bone folder.

*I stamped my ship and greeting in Cherry Cobbler. But if you look closely, Cherry Cobbler doesn't match the DSP perfectly. Nor does the Real Red. Or Ridinghood Red. Is this a new 2012-2013 In Color?
*I find the Baker's Twine works so well with the nautical theme. I used the Early Espresso here.

If you're in the Ottawa Area, I hope to see you at my 'Man Class'. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a wonderful masculine card! This pattern from the new DSP works great with this image and the other colors you selected. You did a fabulous job with the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

You are so right - the polka dots work beautifully here! Beautifully done!

Debbie said...

I am in need of some "man cards" right now and your card is great inspiration! I love it!

Debbie said...

I am in need of some "man cards" right now and your card is great inspiration! I love it!