Friday, March 2, 2012

Vintage Heart Flower

When I was at Stampin' Up!'s Leadership a couple of weeks ago, I saw a wonderful card using the Full Heart Punch. I've been hesitant to buy this punch because I thought I would use it mainly around Valentine's Day. This year I broke down and added it to my stampin' stash. After seeing this lovely sample, was I ever glad! They created a gorgeous flower using several hearts. I thought this image would be a *perfect* focal point for this week's Freshly Made Sketch.

I used the Lace Ribbon Border Punch for my middle strip as well as the Sale-a-Bration Calypso Coral Organdy Ribbon. I wanted this to be a birthday card so I used the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes. It's small enough to not take away from the flower.


Tips & Tricks:

*I punched out 8 hearts from two different sheets of Everyday Enchantment DSP. Because our DSP is two-sided, I get four different patterns this way :)
*To arrange the flower petals evenly on your card, find the center point on the card stock. Imagine a plus sign on the card stock and arrange four petals at 90 degree angles on the imaginary plus sign. Fill in the gaps with the other four petals.
*I adhered all the petals to the card stock with Snail but didn't adhere the two sides of the hearts together. I wanted the petals to pop up
*Something was missing at the top of the card, so I added the coordinating flower image from Fresh Vintage.
*Earn the Fresh vintage stamp set, Everyday Enchantment DSP, and Organdy Ribbon FREE with every $60 purchase during Sale-a-Bration. Shop my Online Store 24/7 :)

I love the look of this flower! It's so gorgeous and easy to make. The Everyday Enchantment DSP makes it even prettier ~ love love love that DSP.  'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

8 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is so, so gorgeous! I love that flower, and the simple greeting on the card.

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! Love that flower. Perfect coordination of DSPs to create it. Beautifully done. It's going into my CASE file! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

This card is totally awesome!! Love how you did this flower, genius!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #55 with a link back to your blog on 3-4-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Tui Nathan said...

What a fabulous card ... those papers are super and that flower - wow ...
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Timko said...

Monica, this is brilliant! I have questioned getting the heart too and I love this use. Pinning it for later CASEing. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks for all the compliments ladies :)

Ida Chan Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

LOOOVE the flower!!! TFS!

Ida
604 Cloth, Paper, Scissors

The Stampin' Doula said...

Monica would you mind sharing the dimensions of your calypso coral square piece? I just have to make this card :) Thanks!