Sunday, February 26, 2012

Christmas in February?

I recently had a hostess who wanted to do a private scrapbooking class with her scrappin' friends. Not only a scrapbooking class, but a Christmas scrapbooking class. In February :) How fun! I have tonnes of Christmas photos so a few extra pages to scrap them could come in handy!

I had never met this lovely lady and her friends so I inquired a bit about their style. She told me that they were quite varied in style, and easy to please, but she wanted to WOW them! Well now ~ how do I wow them? And what materials should I use? I wanted to use a DSP that wasn't strictly Christmas but that still looked festive. I've seen the Mocha Morning DSP used with Cherry Cobbler and with the metallic colors in the DSP, I thought it was perfect for Christmas. Turns out I was right :)


I love the Soft Suede with Cherry Cobbler as well. I sponged the wreath from Welcome Christmas with Soft Suede as well as the 'Memories' flag. I free-handed the DSP flags behind the photos with my Paper Snips although you can use any square punch as well. Since these ladies weren't familiar with SU! and our fantastic products, I wanted them to see how we have coordinating stamp sets and punches. No stamp set and punch show this off better than Delightful Decorations and the Ornament Punch


Tips & Tricks:

*Love the way I weaved the DSP? It's very easy ~ just follow the tutorial at this link.
*As much as I like doing bows, especially cheater bows, sometimes a simple knot ~ such as the one I made on the first page ~ is enough and doesn't take away from the rest of the lovely page elements.
*On the second page, the photo mat is 6-1/2" x 9". This way I can either fit a larger photo (such as a 5x7) or I can split the mat in two and put in two 4x6 photos. 
*I know my Scalloped Square mats don't seem to be very practical ~ photos are usually 4x6. But I always have so many photos that have 'dead space' that can easily be cropped off. I love using this Big Shot die to make mats for photos that can be cropped to 4x4 or 3-3/4" x 3-3/4".


If you're loving these pages, come make them! I'm doing my Fast & Fabulous Class as a scrapbooking class this month on Wednesday February 29th @ 7:30! Hope to see you there... 'til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: