Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Packed for...

... Mom & Dad. Or Packed for Masculine & Feminine cards. Have you seen the four Packed for... stamp sets in the Occasions Mini? They're full of images perfect for men, women, baby and birthdays. I was prepping for my All Occasions Card Class on March 9th. I'm using the Create & Keep Simply Sent Kit for this class and I LOVE it! It has a card box, envelopes, card dividers and everything you need to make the cards! Of course, you can add a little extra ;)

Using this week's Freshly Made Sketch, I came up with my first two cards for my class. I love this week's sketch, it so simple, but makes it so easy to add a few special touches to a card. I used the Packed for Mom and Packed for Dad stamps.


In the center of the two cards is the card box which I embellished a bit (and you can embellish even more!). The kit comes with 10 designer cards, 2 each of 5 designs. I used the Early Espresso cards for my creations today.


Tips & Tricks:

*Love this Simply Sent kit but not sure what colors to use? SU! makes that easy - they tell you that the color palette is Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz.
*When I first saw the Packed for stamp sets I wasn't sure how to use so much line art. But the possibilities are endless! Spot color with our Stampin' Write markers (like I did), punch out the elements you like best or color the elements you like best. I'm sure you can think of many other things to do with these great stamps!
*Do you have a tough time making masculine cards? The Packed for Dad stamp offers many possibilities!
*The greetings and scalloped edge on the feminine card are both from the Simply Sent kit. I love all the options this kit offers.
*I love the ease of the adhesive die-cuts in our card and scrappin' kits. But sometimes I want to put them on Stampin' Dimensionals and the tackiness of our die-cuts actually gets in the way. To reduce tackiness, stick the die-cuts to your clothes a few times and then put them on Dimensionals.

Hope you've loved these class previews and you'll join me at my All Occasions Card Class. Not in Ottawa? Get the class to go! 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you colored bits and pieces to highlight these images! Great idea on how to use these stamps - I may finally get some ink on them!

My Creative Side said...

Great job on the cards!!! I love this image!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love the accented colors on the stamps! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

Really like how you coloured bits and pieces of the stamp image. Very cute! Also love your new blog look...awesome! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh I agree with the others! Your selective coloring is so fun!!