Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine's is in the Air

There's something in the air! It involves lots of reds and lots of hearts! And two of my favorite challenges asked us to use these elements this week. At the Friday Mashup, they asked us to:
1) Use the inspiration photo to the left; or
2) Use the color combination of Regal Rose, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White; or
3) Mash them up and do both!

Then at Pals Paper Arts, we were asked to make a card and add any red. So I combined both challenges and came up with the card below. Since we're talking love, romance, Valentine's day, I thought it would be fun to use the P.S. I Love You stamp set and Textured Impressions Adorning Accents Embossing Folders. I love these folders, especially the hearts for romantic cards. And I love how the other two folders coordinate with the Adorning Accents Edgelits. The design and layout of this card was inspired by a card I saw at Leadership.


Tips & Tricks:

*Did you notice that my supposed-Valentine's Day card has a 'Happy Birthday' greeting?  Well you see right! I did this card for a Valentine's Day class but I wanted to make it versatile for the class-goers. Doesn't it make a lovely birthday card? We also use the 'Love' greeting from Outlined Occasions, and various V-day greetings at the class.
*Are you LOVING the Twitterpated fabric? It coordinates with the Twitterpated suite of products and I love using it as a ribbon.
*I removed a few threads from each side of the fabric strip to give it that shredded look.
*A lot of my class-goers were worried about having the white and red scallops aligned perfectly. You'll notice mine aren't... I think that is part of the card's charm!
*If you follow my blog you know I love my Stampin' Dimensionals. This card is no exception. I popped up that yummy-looking strawberry on a few :)
*Still loving all of the coordination with punches. The circled hearts fit perfectly into the 1-3/8" Circle Punch and the strawberry fits perfectly into the 1-inch Circle Punch.

How's that for a lot of info for you today! Hope you've loved this card as much as my class-goers. I just love love love the fabric :) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

9 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Lovely card Monica, I really like the fabric strip tied in a knot. Very effective embellishment.

Thanks for sharing your lovely card in our challenge this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!! Love the embossed hearts!!! The fabric is a great touch- love it!!! Thanks for playing along with The Friday Mashup, GD Diane

Heidi Baks said...

Love all the new product on this card, esp. the fabric! I haven't gotten that stamp set with the choc strawberries yet... I might have to break down! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable...and very pretty combined! I love the texture and the fabric! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

Hayley Kew said...

Love this card Monica! Really enjoyed your use of all of the new mini items. I have been meaning to jump into the fabric world and now I just might! Happy you could play along at The Friday Mashup :)

Patti D. said...

Very cute! Love the layout too.

Lisa said...

Fantastic birthday card. I love how you used the fabric, it looks great!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Rita W said...

Goregeous! I love how you used the fabric; it looks awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks everyone!