Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Masculine, Elegant Birthday Card

Masculine cards are hard to come by. So every so often I like to challenge myself and go in the masculine direction with my cards. Who's kidding who, many stamp sets are flowery or just very feminine. So when I can come up with a nice masculine card, I'm a happy girl :) I absolutely love the Everyday Enchantment Sale-a-Bration DSP. It's got some awesome feminine patterns, but it's also got some really awesome masculine patterns.


I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for inspiration. Such a simple but lovely sketch. I loved the idea of the little pennant and crowns to make the card even more regal. And because of the color palette (Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede and Pool Party), it works for both men and women. I'm excited to be doing this card at my March Private Classes and at my Fast & Fabulous Class on February 29th. Interested in either of these classes? Drop me a line ~ I'd love to stamp with you!

Tips & Tricks:

*I love how SU! coordinates their stamp sets with their punches. The inside of the elegant frame matches perfectly with the Curly Label Punch.
*Although the Pennant Parade stamp set coordinates with the Petite Pennants punch, I like using the punch to punch out DSP shapes. I love making festive little pennants on my cards.
*As much as I love ribbon, sometimes the Baker's Twine adds that perfect extra touch. Especially on a masculine card.

I also used the sketch to make two cards for my All Occasions Card Class, coming up on March 9th. I love the Create & Keep Simply Sent Card Kit. Makes making cards so easy!


Hope you've enjoyed these cards and my take on this week's sketch. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you really worked this sketch! Love how you made a banner in your first card! Very unique!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great colors. The pennants are a lovely and unique take on the sketch!

Jen Timko said...

That banner really is clever. What super class cards, too. So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous ... what a terrific take on the sketch with the banners ... great cards!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

My Creative Side said...

I love your banner for the bottom of the card, great idea!!! Beautiful card!

Rita W said...

Lots of fun cards! I love the banners as the square panels; such a fun choice. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks for the lovely feedback :)