Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dare to Dream

One of my very bestest friends just moved into a new house. They have been wanting to move for a few years now and they finally found the perfect house, in the perfect neighbourhood on the perfect lot. We are going to see their new place this week-end and of course I needed a card to go with their house-warming gift. I don't have any 'new house' stamps, but for my friend and her husband, this house represents their dreams come true and dreams to come ~ they're expecting a little baby boy at the end of March :)

My card today is based on this week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge. If you have seen some of my previous creations, you know that I have a bit of a hard time actually sticking to the sketches. So today, I challenged myself to stick to the lovely Pals Paper Arts sketch. Yes ~ you read that right. And I think I did pretty well! Okay - so I added the Adhesive Rhinestones but other than that I stuck to the sketch.


Tips & Tricks:

*The 'Dream' greetings in rainbow colors were inspired by a SU! sample that I saw at Leadership. To line up the greetings, I used the scallops on the square as a template.
*Wondering how I 'embossed' the edges of my card? I used my Simply Scored to make two score lines at 1/4" intervals at on each side of the card.
*I free-handed the 'Dare to Dream' sentiment label with my Paper Snips. I then curled the edges with my Bone Folder. I wanted to give the sentiment a dreamy, airy feel.
*I adhered my Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight and then ran it through my Lattice Embossing Folder. This gives the two card stocks a seamless look.

If you like my cards and techniques, and you're looking to learn some advanced stampin' techniques, come check out my Technique Class on Sunday! It's a great way to get out and stamp as well as learn new techniques :)

I hope my friend loves her card, now to shop for a house-warming gift. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

3 comments:

Aileen said...

Love the bright colours and it reflected in the sentiment. Super embossing too. x

Dawn Tidd said...

All the texture and color on your card is great. Love the use of the scoring on the card base. Your friend is sure to love this card! Great job with the sketch!!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Love the scoring around the edges and the rhinestones in the 'intersection'! Super fun card.