Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spring Fever Mojo

When I saw this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge, the sketch screamed "scrapbook page!!!!!!!!!!" to me. I've been on a bit of a scrapbooking kick, since I realized I had way too many photos of the kids printed out and ready to be scrapped. I also have a couple of scrapbooking classes to get ready for, so it was win-win.

My next scrap class is my Spring Fever Scrapbooking Class, so I pulled out the Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' Kit and started scrappin' away. My first take on the page was too 'busy'. I used all the DSPs in the kit and while very pretty, it was all definitely much too busy. So I sat down today and came up with this:


I didn't have any spring photos of my daughter, so fall photos they are :) But the Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo seem to work well with these fall photos. I also think I did pretty good with the sketch, making it into a scrap page - what do you think?

Tips & Tricks:

*I absolutely LOVE the Simply Scrappin' Kits. They make scrapbooking so easy, especially if you're a beginner. The Spring Fever kit is full of gorgeous, bright card stock, DSP, and adhesive elements/borders. Perfect for spring and Easter photos.
*Although I love the Lace Ribbon Border Punch on cards, I love it even more on scrap pages. It makes such a lovely page border or photo mat border. You can thread ribbon through it or tuck it underneath your photo mat - the possibilities are endless!
*I love doing stripes on my cards and pages, but lining them up can be tricky. The SU! Grid Paper has measurements on it and makes lining card and scrap page elements easy!

I can't wait for this Spring Fever Scrap class, the ladies will be leaving with 6 absolutely stunning pages! Hope you've enjoyed this page, 'til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: