Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Manly, Romantic Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Although I realize that this may be hitting your inbox on February 15th, bear with me because I really love this card I made for my husband ;) My inspiration was this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I added a few details but it was my starting point.

I also knew that I wanted to use my Attic Boutique DSP. I hadn't used it yet and had to break open the package to use it today. It is gorgeous - LOVE IT! My colour scheme is based on the DSP.


I told my husband that I wanted my card to be manly but romantic. He said it was an oxymoron but he thinks I accomplished my mission. Some of the Attic Boutique DSP is very girly, some is more masculine or gender neutral. I purposely chose a pinkish red pattern for the top of my rosette.

Tips & Tricks:
*I love how the Adorning Accents Edgelits and Embosslits coordinate! Makes adding that little extra special touch easy.
*Can't get your Edgelit to stay in place? Use my Post-It trick!
*Not sure what colors to use on your card? Let the Designer Series Paper figure it out for you - SU! tells you what colors coordinate with all the DSPs.
*LOVE the rosette? It's so easy to make! Punch out six 1-3/4" Scallop Circles, sponge with a coordinating in (I used Soft Suede) and crumple the flowers (yes, you're going to have to crumple up the DSP ;) ). Adhere the six circles together with a small amount of adhesive between each circle and then put a brad through all of them. Pull the individual circles up from top circle to bottom - to give dimension - and arrange as desired.

I hope you've enjoyed this card as much as my hubby did. Do you think it was masculine enough? I know it's got a flower on it, but who says you can't give a man flowers ;)

'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

1 comment:

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow, this is really pretty. The flower is divine!!