Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quasi-Telescoping Card

One of my good friends is having a baby very shortly. This week-end, another friend and I are hosting a baby shower for her so I needed to make a shower card for her. I combined two challenges for this card, the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge as well as the Friday Mashup Challenge. The Mojo Monday Challenge was 'Round or Square' and the Friday Mashup Challenge asked us to make a project using the kissing technique and/or a round project. I didn't do the kissing technique on my card but I did make a quasi-telescoping round card. Why do I say it's quasi-telescoping? Well, one element of the card flips out from the bottom and one element flips out from the top.

I'll write a little something on the top scallop circle. I love the Baby Bundle stamp set for anything baby. It has greetings, onesies, teddies, booties, and more.


Tips & Tricks:

*Think that the Twitterpated DSP is for feminine cards only? Think again! I used it on this card and I think the Basic Grey pattern works very well!
*I love the clear Itty Bitty Buttons. I love threading them with super skinny strips of coordinating card stock even more. Instant color coordination!
*Can't figure out how to color in teeny details like the stroller polka dots? Stampin' Up!'s Stampin' Write Markers have two tips, a fine tip and a thicker brush-style tip.
*Don't forget to attach the circles that will be flipping out upside down. Because when they flip up, they will be right side up :)

I hope you've enjoyed this card and I hope my friend enjoys this card even more! 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!


8 comments:

Stef Perry said...

That's a really cute card. Love the telescoping design and the stamp set you used is just adorable! The recipient is sure to treasure this card!

Hayley Kew said...

LOVE this card. All of the little details fit so well. I have been seeing more and more of these telescoping cards lately and now I have to say I want to try! Happy you could play along at The Friday Mashup :)

Kim P said...

Oh my gosh...this is so stinkin' CUTE! Great detailing...perfect for celebrating a new little boy. Thank for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Cute!!! Love the great color combo!!! Great job on the telescoping card- Very nice!!! Thanks for playing along with The Friday Mashup, GD Diane

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Wow these telescope cards are certainly becoming the rage! Yours is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge.


Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks ladies! :)

Rita W said...

Such a cute baby card! I love the colors so much. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Very cute! I love the popped up onesie. Thanks for joining the Mashup this week.